He gained his broad sailing experience in different yacht classes on landlocked and offshore waters.
Nick is a successful racing sailor on a variety of dinghies and yachts, mainly on the Laser or the olympic Finn dinghy, the king’s class of dinghies. He participated in European and World Championships and offshore regattas.
Nick grew up at Lake Biel which he knows like his own pocket. During his youth he has made unnumbered sailing and motorboat cruises on the lakes of the Jura which are connected via Zihl and Broye channel.
Nick's further engagements:
- Former board member of Yachtclub Bielersee (YCB).
- Co-founder and president of YCB Olympia club (support of olympic campaigns and talented sailors).
- Successful management of olympic campaigns.
- Right-hand man of Swiss Sailing’s Head of performance sport.
- Board member of Swiss Laser Association.
- Treasurer of Swiss Association for Motorboat and Sailing schools.
Regular offshore cruises not only arrange an evened out work-life-balance, they enhance also the logbook «experiences».